Total Pageviews

Monday 9 January 2012

Hello 2012!

Hey there, nice to meet you :)

So yesterday was actually my 17th birthday, and I had a very good day if you were wondering haha. But more importantly I thought to myself 'I really need to do something with my time' and thought 'Let's make a blog!' Now I'm unsure whether this will be a success or a failure but I'm going with it for now, and am going to try and update daily if I can manage to - hopefully.

I think I should introduce myself properly first, where do I start... I'm Dan Chapman, 17 years old from the City of York in North Yorkshire, England. I'm currently studying my A-Levels (Maths, Further Maths, Physics and English Language) which are quite boring if I'm honest, not enjoying it particularly. More importantly, I am a MASSIVE football fan, Aston Villa in particular. We're not the greatest team in the Premier League I will admit, but I still am a huge fan and will continue to be whatever happens.

As well as being a football fan I also play for a team, albeit an extremely small and amateur one. I play for Acomb Gateway FC, a team in the second division of the Yorkshire Christian Football League - whose website can be found here. Although I am not Christian, anyone is welcome in the league, which incorporates fair play rules, which makes it a very comfortable yet still competitive league to play in. AGFC were created last season, and finished mid table of the 2nd Division struggling to put together a consistent starting XI being a new side. However, this season the squad exceeds 25, maybe even 30 members. I joined the side just before the season started, managing to get a friendly appearance before making my debut on the first game of the season at left back. We won that game 6-2, and I was pleased with my performance.

From then on I've made more appearances for the side, a few at left back and more recently 5 or 6 performances at centre midfield - my preferred position. Following that win and we have gone on to take 22 points out of 9 games so far and have also managed to proceed from our group in the regional cup. We sit top of Division 2 and we are aiming to keep up our form and grab promotion.

I think that's enough of me rambling about AGFC for now, as I'm sure you'll hear more in the future. I don't want to make my first post too long, so I'll keep it as it is now and leave you here. Until tomorrow, goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment